2009/06/13

FPP

The future is in silent mode.

An American researcher (93 years old!!!) builds the city of the future world, and he has been started in the ‘70s. Jaque Fresco places the future human beings in circles, launches the planes in a radiant way, develops aerodynamic cars, creates energy through photovoltaic things, relates the technology with the nature, and provides VTOL (vertical take-off and landing) flying machines. Moreover, he dreams at beautiful houses with huge and exotic gardens, isolated from neighbors. He wants to replace the current social system with a new one. And I heard that his project inspired the movie Demolition Man (I didn’t see that movie, did you?). Fresco’s lab is placed in Florida, and the first pilot city would be built somewhere in South America. Are you curious? If you want to find more about the silent future, and Venus project, click here: Beyond politics, poverty and war. Do you think that people will accept to live in such a city? Do you think that the project will be a successful one? What do you think, is it fair to invest this huge amount of money in such a project?

The present is on high volume

I close the car’s window and I continue to listen to SnowPatrol. I cannot listen anymore to the child who puts on my window a note with his story as a beggar. I get down from the car in the city, in the horns’ sound, I talk on the phone and I scream so that I can be heard, meanwhile next to me Mihai, who is 9, asks me for money or for food.

We were walking on the street, downtown, in a beautiful week-end. Behind us, a baby screams hysterically. The parents are angry in their effort to calm down the baby. I swim, with my head under the water, to leave the sound behind me and to live quietly the present. In a nice and isolated restaurant we listen to some French old music, meanwhile in the same restaurant, at the bar the people listen to some dance-disco-house combination. I jump again in the water. I try to swim going deeper and deeper in the water. It’s too much silence, I cannot breathe and I come back. The lady from the information office from the bus station sings in the microphone that buses will leave at 7 am, from the almost invisible sidewalk that she officially calls gate. I leave the bus station. I put my headphones on and I listen to Kabaret – Patricia Kaas and read Zorro.

The past is a comic tragedy

I saw today The Silent Wedding directed by Horatiu Malaele. The present is full with widows, candles and ruins. There is a past which is comic, colored, but with a tragic end. The movie is a mute one not because of a bad and primitive technology, but because of the communism. Watch it!

No comments: