2009/08/23

L(i)(o)ve Cinema

I was looking at the list of the movies running in the theaters this week. Nothing interesting. There are less then one hundred years of cinema history (correct me if I’m wrong), and I began to think that there are no new subjects for the movies – all were discussed and presented over and over again. There are no new perspectives, scenes or ways of shooting a movie. Nothing can surprise us enough.

I saw the past, the present and the future in the movies. I liked the last movies I watched because: one was ironic with the present time, another one had a very good and well presented view over the life in general, another one had a very good script, and the last one reminded me that life is gray and even the biggest criminal can be loved. Would I love a criminal? Which are the movies? It doesn’t matter.

As one of my friends says the horror movies are not scary anymore. Nothing can surprise us anymore. We get bored when we watch a love story, the comedies are stupid, the SF movies don’t have consistence, but are based on excessive special effects, the political movies are too political. I know that I promised to never watch Von Trier’s movies again, but at least he has new subjects (quite “sick” topics) that others don’t dare to transform in movies or that others don’t even think about. And he is able to make from a “vomited” idea an original, and shocking movie.

So, I didn’t find any movie to watch. I’m waiting now for the new Tarantino’s movie. Would it have something new? Maybe I would love to go to the theater to watch a live movie/reality show from Time’s Square… just to see the New York people at 5 pm, or at 5:05 pm. So people from Romania will watch people from USA. And those from Africa will watch people from Asia and so on… But news and football games would not be projected in the theaters (please!).

I wonder if one can rent a theater for his/her birthday and pick up the movies he/she wants to share/watch with his/her guests. Would anyone come to such a birthday party?

No comments: