2009/04/18

Revolution or democratic silence?

If tomorrow your brain organizes elections what will you vote for?

a) I want to talk and think about NOTHING

b) I want to think and talk about NOTHING

c) NOTHING

I miss interesting discussions/meetings as much as I miss heaven. I want these to get me out from daily talks about shoes with buttons. I heard or shared the last good ideas, put in simple and wise speeches, three months ago. An eternity. There are two talks I can clearly remember from this period of time: one was about how we can help people living in poverty or country less developed without humiliating them – I spent couple of hours at lunch, in a cafe and then on the street talking about this issue with one of my friends; the other one took place online, using emails, and The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was the main topic. Since then I cannot remember any other extraordinary idea which could “shock” my neurons during an interesting conversation.

I feel like a smoker who didn’t smoke for a while and when s/he touches the first cigar with his/her lips, s/he shivers, drops the lighter, burns his/her fingers and coughs because of too much pleasure. When I find the right man for an interesting talk, even if I have something good to say, I lose myself and lose him/her too.

But in the last week, I tried to feed my brain with speeches from www.TED.com/talks. I watch three to four speeches every night and then I can sleep like a baby. It’s like taking some pills that help me to survive 24 hours of those small talks which end, in my mind, with the common “bla, bla, bla”. Or I can stay in silence all day long and I can think about the TED ideas and my ideas which make my eyes to glow in a thankful and peaceful way.

Here is a sample of a nurture speech that has no artificial ingredient (it was very hard to pick one, as all the speeches I watched were great):

No comments: