2009/01/17

Slumdog Millionaire - two versions

This movie fooled me, until the final scene. It won the Golden Globe, and a lot of other awards. It is an interesting story, with "fresh" settings, placed in a country where I was in one of my recent dreams, a movie with "no name" actors who play well, and with very interesting music and montage. It is nobody's story played and composed very well. I'm talking about Slumdog Millionaire.

The final scene "uncovered" the real movie. I found the same Indian story of the "traditional" movies: he meets her when they are kids and it's written for them to be together. But they are constantly separated by evil men and by life which wants to teach them some important things. The destiny wins the war in the end. He becomes a national hero (unintentionally!), and she gets herself together, suffers, and escapes. The good wins, they meet again, 'cause it's written! Meanwhile, he wins the Indian version of "Who wants to be a millionaire", because it's written (of course), it's destiny. The contest's questions and answers are deeply/artificially connected to his own life.

But still I liked the movie, beside the final dance, the group dance which "betrays" the movie. You can watch the final dance above. Watch the movie too, it's still a good movie (I wouldn't have written here about it, if it wasn't like that).

No comments: