2009/03/07

Life's cab!

We went out in the rain still talking about Benjamin Button. I knew that they (my friends) would like it. But many people don't like this movie, some left before the first part of the movie, the others stayed counting on popcorn or sweet kisses from their lovers. I re-lived my life (the future life too), and I'm curious "what comes next". This movie may be the best movie of your life, if it has to be like that, if not... let it go. It might depend on the moment of your life, on the glasses you wear, the craziness you live in, the light you cannot see, the lack of confidence you experience, the certainty from your ears, or the depth of your eyes.

And I stepped out in the rain. And I looked for a taxi. White or red. Red was too obvious, so I took the white cab. After a small conversation on the weather, I enjoyed the silence, the road. So I went back to the movie, to my life...

Suddenly, I feel the road more than I should, the water's sound is stronger and stronger, and I feel my legs more vulnerable... I might lose them in a car crash. I wake up and look to the speed indicator: 100!!!!!! Wow. The outside lights look better and better, we almost fly on the tram line. I should tell the drive to stop, 'cause I don't feel safe, but... no. I should be home in less than one minute. I calm down. We enter a crossroads with 80 km/h. I don't say anything. I think about my parents, about me, and I enjoy the lights, the road, the tram line, the steamed windows. I get home and I say a cold "bye" as nothing happened. But I could hardly open the door... because of the rain.

So... Benjamin Button. It's better to drive my own life, with my own car and music, in my own rythm.

No comments: