2008/10/26

Reasons to stay awake

I can't sleep. I cannot find any book on my book-shelves, only if it is jumping in my eyes. I don't have time to organize them on the "new" shelves that I got four months ago. Anyway, I don't look for books there anymore. The most important ones are in a shipping box, next to my bed. I didn't take them out yet, even if I got back home from US long time ago. I took out only two or three, pretending that I'm reading them. And the book about U2 is still in the box, still wrapped. On the other side of the bed is a domino game - a gift from a partner company. The domino stands near the desk lamp which is on the floor. Next to it, it's a Pepsi bottle. I cannot keep my promise not to drink soda anymore. At least, I don't drink coke anymore.

The "l" (yes, you, my "L") from the keyboard is playing games with me, getting out and moving around. The laptop is almost all the time on the floor, meanwhile the other computer is split between the desk and the shelf. My school work is somewhere in the closet, arranged in a way I cannot remember. I have clothes that I don't wear anymore and I cannot give up on them. I cannot find any thing in one second, I have to open at least two closets. The make up things are never in the right place, where I should put them, and the mirror is in the darkest corner of the room.

I don't know what Lion King - Simba - does on my TV station and I still don't know how I should sleep in my new bed - four months old - and I often wake up in pain, because of my back. Every night, I sleep in a different pajama, because I cannot find the one that I used a night before. My desk is full with "teaching staff", the only serious part of this room. I would watch Criminal Minds on TV and Seinfeld on my computer at the same time.

And in all this craziness, the room seemed to be organized as well as my own life is. I keep my clothes in the closet and I spend less time at home. I put my life on the roads and I keep it in the office. I try to live it every time in another place, so I can say that I'm "moving on" in my life, following my goal. I use a daily planner, open the same blogs several times per day (two of them), I keep myself punctual at work, I talk with people, meet old friends, make the same jokes, even if I would say something different this time... and so on. But the books are still in the box, and the U2 DVD, the gift received four months ago, is still unsealed, on the desk, under the swimming cap, and next to the novel that I cannot finish reading.

No comments: